How Much Do Outschool Teachers Make


How Much Do Outschool Teachers Make?

Outschool is an online platform that offers a wide range of classes to students from kindergarten through high school. With the rise of remote learning, Outschool has become increasingly popular, providing flexible teaching opportunities for educators around the world. If you are interested in becoming an Outschool teacher, you may be wondering how much you can expect to earn. In this article, we will explore the factors that determine Outschool teacher pay and provide insights into the potential earnings on the platform.

Factors Affecting Outschool Teacher Pay

Several factors influence the amount of money Outschool teachers can make. These include:

1. Class Pricing: Outschool allows teachers to set their own prices for their classes. The platform recommends pricing based on the average price of similar classes, but ultimately, teachers have the freedom to choose their desired rate. Higher-priced classes tend to attract fewer students, while lower-priced classes may have more participants.

2. Class Enrollment: The number of students enrolled in your classes directly impacts your earnings. Outschool takes a 30% commission on each class, and teachers receive the remaining 70%. Therefore, the more students you have, the higher your earnings will be. Teachers can also offer private or small group classes, which can potentially result in higher per-student earnings.

3. Class Duration: Outschool classes can vary in length, from a single session to multiple weeks. Longer classes generally have higher prices, which can increase a teacher’s earning potential. However, it is important to find the right balance between class duration and student engagement to ensure a positive learning experience.

See also  How to Enjoy Homework

4. Teacher Experience: Outschool recognizes the value of experience and offers a “Verified Teacher” status for educators who meet certain criteria. Verified teachers often have higher enrollment rates and can charge higher prices for their classes.

5. Teacher Marketing: Outschool provides teachers with marketing tools, such as the ability to create attractive class listings and promotional materials. Effective marketing can help attract more students to your classes, ultimately increasing your earnings.

Potential Earnings on Outschool

Outschool teachers can earn a wide range of incomes, depending on the factors mentioned above. Some teachers report earning a modest supplemental income, while others have made Outschool their primary source of income. According to Outschool’s website, the top 10% of teachers earn an average of $40,000 per year, with some making over $100,000 annually. It is important to note that these figures are not guaranteed and depend on the teacher’s effort, class offerings, and marketing strategies.


1. How often are teachers paid on Outschool?
Teachers are paid on a monthly basis. Outschool pays teachers for their classes within the first week of each month for the previous month’s earnings. Payment is made via direct deposit to the teacher’s bank account.

2. Are there any fees for teachers on Outschool?
While Outschool takes a 30% commission on each class, there are no additional fees for teachers to use the platform. The 30% commission covers all operational costs, including marketing, customer support, and payment processing.

3. Can teachers offer classes in multiple subjects?
Yes, Outschool encourages teachers to offer classes in a variety of subjects. The platform welcomes diverse expertise and allows teachers to explore their interests and passion areas while catering to the needs of a wide range of students.

See also  How Much Is Nail School

4. Can teachers set their own schedule on Outschool?
Absolutely! Outschool offers teachers the flexibility to set their own schedules based on their availability. This makes it an ideal platform for teachers who want to balance their teaching career with other commitments or obligations.

5. Is teaching experience required to become an Outschool teacher?
While teaching experience is beneficial, it is not a strict requirement to join Outschool as a teacher. The platform welcomes individuals with expertise and passion in their chosen subjects, even if they do not have formal teaching qualifications.

In conclusion, the amount of money Outschool teachers can make varies depending on factors such as class pricing, enrollment, duration, experience, and marketing strategies. While Outschool offers flexibility and potential for high income, the actual earnings depend on the effort and dedication of the individual teacher. By leveraging the platform’s features and creating engaging classes, teachers can maximize their earning potential and make a positive impact on students’ lives.